Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mmm...Chocolate

So yesterday was a little crazy, I was feeling more than a little overwhelmed, and there were moments when the crazy had me on the verge of full-on panic. A friend asked me if there was anything he could do to help and I jokingly said he could send me some fabulous chocolate. And so he did. Let me also mention that this particular friend happens to live in NC, and I haven't even seen him in 11 years, yet he hopped on the internet, found a place here in town and ordered me some fabulous chocolate. I just went and picked it up, and I think I'm in love. Wow. One option is chocolate covered nut clusters, the other a Brazilian coffee bar made with dark chocolate. I'm not usually a dark chocolate fan, but this may cause a conversion. All I can say is that it's a good thing there aren't any parishioners around to hear the happy sounds coming from my office. This week may be on the crazy side, but the grace has found me in the form of an amazing friend who managed to brighten my day (my whole week) from long-distance.

1 comment:

LutheranChik said...

When we were up in the Leelanau Peninsula of Michigan last week we stopped at a little shop called Grocer's Daughter Chocolates -- I think the addy is just www.grocersdaughter.com. Anyway, they have the most fabulous chocolate in the world, and it's all organic/Fair Trade, and using local products when possible. (Like local honey for the honey truffles and caramels.) They had a sale on chocolate caramels -- chocolate coated chocolate caramel with a decent sprinkling of kosher salt on top of the chocolate. You can't believe how good these were.