Monday, February 1, 2010

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine from high school had a brain aneurysm over a week ago and her family decided to take her off life support. She died yesterday afternoon. I am in shock. We hadn't seen each other much lately as we drifted apart after college, but we'd recently reconnected on facebook. She was one of my best friends in High School. There was a group of 6 of us that hung out as the "non-drinkers" in our school. She made me laugh hysterically. We had adventures that got us stuck in the mud, had me driving her car into a ditch when she tried to teach me to drive a stick, getting my dad's flashlight run over by a logging truck. I will always think of her when I think of caramellos. And Dr. Pepper. And Beef Jerky. (usually all at the same time when we were driving around) The world seems a little dimmer without her in it. At the same time, it's all so surreal. We're too young for this, right? She is the 2nd person in our class to die, which maybe doesn't sound so bad, but when you graduate with a class of 40, most of whom you went to kindergarten with, it makes it harder. Someone pointed out that it's 5% of our class. I didn't need to know that. I will miss my friend.

No comments: