Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Weekend

This past weekend was good, just crazy busy. It was wedding 3 of 3, which went well, but it was approximately 8 million degrees in the sanctuary, and a woman collapsed after so the paramedics were called. I felt really bad for her. It was kind of an odd picture, though, the receiving line went out the front door, and at the end was an ambulance. Not exactly what you would hope for at a wedding. Sunday was SP's last day. We only had 1 service with a reception after. It went OK. Lots of people were really confused at how fast everything seemed to happen. The bishop was here last Sunday, but since it was Memorial Day weekend we had very low attendance, so not as many people as we'd hoped were around to hear her speak and ask her questions. After the reception I had an executive committee meeting, then a New Orleans youth group meeting, and then I went home to pack and drive 200+ miles for a graduation party. The trip was definitely worth it as it's one of my favorite people in the whole world. I just can't believe she's graduating, since when I started babysitting her she was 2 1/2. Man, I'm old. She's absolutely gorgeous, she was co-Valedictorian, and had just won several events at the state track meet the day before. Yep, she's amazing, and I'm immensely proud of her.

Oh, and here's one of the many reasons I love living in MT: on the drive over I stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom and get something to drink. As I went up to pay the cashiers were having this conversation:

"It's a good thing he didn't break into MY house, I sleep with a dagger under the bed."

"Uh huh, I've got my gun right on the night stand. I'da shot him for sure."

I have no idea what the original story was, but their follow-up comments made me laugh.

No comments: