Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dream

I had a panic dream last night: I was back in my room at my parents' house and I woke up late. I was supposed to be leading worship for the congregation I used to supply at before this call, although for some reason the service was in a church in the exact opposite direction from where their church actually is. I woke up at the time I should have been leaving. So of course I was panicked in the dream, and running around like a crazy person. Oh, and I had no sermon. So much of the dream was me desperately trying to figure out what the texts for the week were, so I could write something on the drive. One of the very clear moments was me doing my hair (in the bathroom of my current apartment, go figure) and my hair was HUGE and frizzy and I just yanked it back into this truly hideous pony tail and ran out the door. Flash forward to getting to the church, where worship hadn't even started although it was an hour past time, to discover that another pastor was actually scheduled to lead the service, and they weren't expecting me at all. Apparently, I had gotten a Wednesday evening service mixed up with a Sunday morning service, or something like that. Now, in fact, I am doing Wednesday evening services at this other church for the months of July and August, so I can understand why that worked itself into the dream, but panic dreams usually occur for me when I'm feeling really stressed about something. I wonder what my subconscious was trying to sort through. On the plus side, nowhere in the dream was I ever naked in public.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

wow...that's all I have to say.