Monday, June 23, 2008

Installation

My installation was yesterday. Yep, like an appliance. In announcements at the 8:00 service the senior pastor made some comment like I'd only been running on batteries up until this point, but now I was going to be hard wired in. He's a funny guy. It was a good service, but a long day. 2 regular services in the morning (with Gabby's debut performance in a puppet show at children's time, which went fabulously) and then the installation at 2:00, followed by a church picnic. LOOOOONG day. It's kind of strange, too, following so close to ordination. Installation happen at each call I take, so it's a big deal, but not as much as ordination, which only happens the one time. So ordination was this huge deal, and then I felt kind of bad because I really didn't have much energy to put into this service. At any rate, the service was nice, the associate to the bishop preached nice sermons at all 3 services, my parents were there, a friend of mine (who is also a pastor) and his wife surprised me by showing up for the service, and it was a gorgeous day. So now I'm installed. Guess now I'm official.
Oh, in other news, the radio show aired yesterday. It aired on many stations, at several different times, all across Western Montana. Yikes. People who heard it said it went well, and apparently we all sounded coherent and somewhat intelligent. :-) All I can say, is thank God it wasn't live. Now if I can just survive the possibility of camera crews at the event this weekend...

1 comment:

Diane M. Roth said...

congratulations! glad everything went well.