Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Radio Spot

Sometimes being a pastor is strange. I have this thought frequently. Sunday I will be on the radio, and this is part of being a pastor that is strange. Long story short, the church is doing a home makeover for one of our members who has had a rough time of it. The idea came from our council president who proposed it, ran with it, got volunteers, got sponsors, got donations, you name it. Then she got us on the radio. I got to the church yesterday and was told that today the council president, the senior pastor and I would be having a 20 minute interview today with a member of the church who is also a radio host. How great is that? It's great publicity! Wait, what? When did I agree to be on the radio? I HATE the sound of my own voice, and I always manage to say something stupid in situations like that. Last Sunday I preached a sermon about how God often calls us to ministry even when we don't think we're ready. If we waited until we were perfect, or had just the right gifts and skills, then many (probably most) of us would never venture out into ministry at all. Today the Holy Spirit reminded me to actually pay attention to what I say in the pulpit, cuz I sure as heck wasn't ready to be on the radio, and had I been given much choice I would have replied with a resounding HELL NO! It went pretty well, as it turns out. I don't think I said anything stupid, and it was even kind of fun. Please don't tell the Holy Spirit I said so, though...

2 comments:

k-bomb said...

Don't you just love how sometimes we get more out of our sermons than we bargained for?

Anonymous said...

So how do we get a podcast of this????

:-)