Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

Since my last post. I think about things to write about quite frequently, but never seem to get around to doing it. So, what's been happening? Lots and not much at all. Church life is crazy and busy as usually happens in the Fall. As usual some days are great and others I wonder what in the h*** I got myself into. I wonder if that happens throughout the length of ministry? Do the wondering days get fewer?

In family news, my youngest niece was baptized on Sunday. She looked so cute. She's almost 3, so there were lots of discussions about what would happen during the baptism, and lots of practicing tipping her over the font. She did great during practice, but I think there were too many people watching during church, and she didn't want to do it at the actual baptism. In the video my sister and I look like we're wrestling her into position. It's kind of funny. She did great, though, and we all got through it, and now in all of the pictures she looks pretty smug about the whole thing. What I find really funny is that at one point on Saturday when we were playing I flipped her upside down over my shoulder and she just draped there like a snake. I wasn't even holding on for part of the time, but when it came to the tipping for baptism she was having none of it.

In a few minutes I'm going to go do chapel for the preschoolers. This is the first time this year, so we'll see how it goes. I have the 4 year olds this morning and the kinder-ready class this afternoon, then the 3 year olds tomorrow. Should be fun!

No comments: