Friday, October 17, 2008

Smattering of Stuff

I had a lovely e-mail from a friend of mine regarding my last post about passion. She had good questions and some good insight, which was nice. Thanks K-bomb! As I thought about it afterward I realized that some of what I'm feeling stems from family of origin stuff, as well as some very specific things going on at church right now. K-bomb also suggested that I need to find my passion in England (where she is currently living). Kind of sounds like a romance novel, don't you think? :-) The American pastor, on vacation in England when she encounters the passion she's been seeking... OK, I'll stop, but it definitely makes me giggle.

In other news, my oldest niece is getting her chance at a sleepover at Auntie's tonight. We couldn't find time during the summer, and she's been bugging me and her dad, so we finally found some time. I don't know what we're going to do, yet, but I'm hoping she has a good time. A couple of years ago she would never have wanted to stay with me. I'm happy we'll be having some one-on-one bonding time.

I had my annual exam on Tuesday. Don't worry, no details about the process. I simply bring it up because there's always the dreaded getting weighed process. I can't say my current weight was a surprise, but it's one thing to weigh myself in my own bathroom and quite another to do it in a doctor's office while a nurse writes down the results. So, my goal here is to have a different experience in a year when I go back. I want to be excited to step on the scale! The advantage is that I have a year to do this. The disadvantage is that I have a year to procrastinate about making healthy changes. I've put it out to the universe now, though, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to the plan.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

That does sound like a romance novel. So let's write it!! YAY! And yay for sleep overs:) I wish I could have my nice come over! Have fun.