Saturday, December 15, 2007

Advent Crabbiness

So, what does one write in a very first blog post? This is new to me, and yet something seems to be compelling me to write whether or not anyone ever reads any of this. In general news I find myself cranky lately, which is mostly why I named this blog what I did. My life is in transition. I live with my parents, a brother and 3 nieces, all of whom I love dearly, but the house is quite small. I find myself cranky over simple, often stupid, things. But it's also Advent, and a time of waiting and watching, and a time of hope and joy. There are moments in all of this craziness and chaos that I catch glimpses of grace. Those are the moments I'm trying to pay attention to, and those are the moments I'm trying to hang onto instead of those moments when I am cranky. This is partly what I am preaching on tomorrow, so I'd darn well better try to put it into practice in my own day-to-day experiences...

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

yay! I'm glad you're here!

PS - I love your blogger name and the homage.