Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Penguin Pajamas Slumber Party

Yesterday was a lovely day, with much, much time spent with my 4 year old niece. She helped me wrap Christmas presents and decorate the Christmas tree in my room, we ran errands together, and she even "styled" my hair for me in the afternoon (she spun a strand around the top of my head and told me it was "angel" hair because she'd made me a "circle thing" (halo)). Then last night we had a slumber party. We both have pjs with penguins on them, so we had decided awhile ago that we should both wear our penguin pjs and have a slumber party. Since we live in the same house this just means she gets to sleep in my bed instead of her own. She's a toucher when she sleeps with someone, so she always has to have some part of her touching some part of me. Generally this means I have a knee or an elbow jabbing me somewhere, but it's still fun to have her join me for a sleepover. Which reminds me that THESE are the things I'm trying to focus on right now: the happy, sweet things. Not the other things that frequently make me want to kick various adult members of my family. Today I am grateful for 4 year old moments of grace in this chaos.

No comments: