Saturday, February 16, 2008

Moving Day

My sister and brother-in-law moved into their new house today. They have lived on the other side of the state for many years, now, but recently decided to move closer to both sets of grandparents. My job was the "hardest" one of all in the unloading of the trailer: I got to play with my youngest niece, who is 2, so her parents, my dad, and brother could get everything unloaded. It was such fun! We read books and played Ring Around the Rosie and slid on her slide. The we "helped" unload, too. I held her, and she would take something really light from the trailer and we'd take it in the house. Sometimes I would take something in my other hand, too. She was very proud of herself for being big and helping. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon. Not so great for sermon production, but I got it done, so I'm not complaining.

In other news, it is now officially past mid-February and I haven't yet heard from the call committee. Very frustrating. Nor have I heard from the synod office since the first of December. Also frustrating. Blah. If only playing with nieces came with dental....

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Yeah for babysitting to get out of physical labor! You're so smart.