Thursday, February 28, 2008

Updates

It's been awhile since I posted. Lots of weirdness with computers and internet access. It's a very long and boring story. At any rate, I'm finally posting again.

So, here's what's been happening in my world of late: I spent last weekend in Berkeley at another ordination. Congrats to KAG! It was a lovely service, and I'm so glad I got to be there with her for this milestone. KHR was also there, so the bishops of Region 10 were together again. 2 times in 2 months might be some kind of a record for us at this point. So, the weekend was beautiful, gorgeous, and I didn't have to wish that either of them were there!

As for my own call process, mid-February came and went with no word from the church I have been talking to. I finally heard from them, and they want to talk with me some more. Seriously, a 4th interview??? I'm very confused.

The church that I have been supplying at for the past year would like to call me, which is a nice affirmation. They are a great congregation, and I think I could do some good ministry there, but they can only afford part-time at the moment. I'm a bit leery of having to get another job to supplement being a pastor, but I'm trying to be open to where the Spirit might be leading.

The nieces are all good. Having all 4 in the same town is a lot of fun. They are all so cute and crazy in their own ways, and they make me smile a lot.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

My internship pastor took a part time call for his first job and worked at Barnes and Noble the other part time. He said it was funny when people from the congregation would come in the store and call him Pastor. Of course, he also had a wife who was working so that supplemented the income as well. Maybe you should get a wife?