Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Five--Taking a Break

Taking a Break Friday Five. Tell us how you would spend:

1. a 15 minute break
Usually during little breaks I try to stretch, or walk, or generally try to work out the kinks in some fashion.
2. an afternoon off
The sun has actually been shining here lately, so I would love to get out for a longer walk in the sunshine. Otherwise I would probably watch a movie, or read, or work on projects that never seem to get finished.
3. an unexpected free day
I'd really like to go home and see my nieces. If not then, then in theory I could run errands, clean, catch up on stuff I'd let go. In reality I'd probably do the same things as the previous answer!
4. a week's vacation
Heaven. That sounds lovely right now. Is this reality or fantasy? In fantasy I would go somewhere fabulous, somewhere warm, somewhere with a beach. In reality I would probably do smaller trips, in-state, and visit family and friends. Which would still be nice, of course, just no beach. :-)
5. a sabbatical
3 months? I almost can't even imagine that. No, not almost, I really can't imagine that. Well, reading, of course, since that always seems to be a theme. I'd like to try and be more active in some way, I wonder how I could work that into a sabbatical? And continuing ed in, well, just about anything as at this point in my call I feel like I could definitely learn more about everything.

2 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

It doesn't seem fair to have to wait so long for a sabbatical -- your last comment made a lot of sense.

k-bomb said...

How about visiting your friend Katie in England? Where does that fit in?