Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mid-Winter Theological Conference

I started typing this post several days ago, and never got around to finish it. I posted last year about this same continuing ed event, so it's kind of fun to be here a year later and having some history. I'm looking forward to the same thing in a few months when I've been in this call for a year and things start repeating. Anyway, the conference was great, even if it went way to fast. The speaker was Dr. James Limburg, a retired seminary professor. He taught at the seminary I went to after he retired, so we had the pleasure of getting to learn from him for several semesters. I find him engaging, interesting, and quite fun to listen to, so it was a nice way to get some continuing ed. His topic was on creation, and he's an OT scholar, so we focused mostly on the OT in our discussion. Last year it snowed a lot. This year it melted. A lot. It was in the high 40's and it was so fabulous to see the sun and actually get out and enjoy it. Of course, DMK and I spent our usual time nesting in the lobby with our books and crafts and snacks, but I did also get out and go for a walk. No pictures this year, but it was gorgeous. What else? I haven't been posting much. Things have been busy and somewhat stressful. I have hope that things will be fine, maybe even great, but life in the church has been....interesting, we'll say. In happy news, a friend of mine just had a baby girl. She's adorable from what I've seen in pictures. Big, though. 10 lbs 9 ounces and 22 inches long! Yikes. I need to clean my apartment. That has nothing to do with anything except that as I sit here I keep looking around and thinking, huh, I need to clean my apartment. Clearly it's time to stop typing and go to bed...

No comments: