Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend

Friday night I went out for the first time in....well, longer than I can remember, actually. A group of people, all with connections to the church, were playing at a local winery (yes--Montana has wineries--who knew?). It was so exciting to get actually get ready for an evening out. I'd forgotten how much fun the anticipation could be. And then I realized that yes, I was going out, but I was going to a place that would be plum-full of parishioners. And so it was. It was fun, the group was great, and I had a good time, but it was work. After a couple of hours our office manager, her boyfriend, his friend and I went downtown. That was also fun, and I even danced a little, but I felt really old. I was between 7 and 10 years older than everyone around me. Sigh. Whatever, I really did enjoy the evening, and it was fun to get out of my apartment for once.
Last night was a lock-in with a couple of other churches. I didn't have to stay the night, but went to the first part at a local youth center. They played reball, I played a little volleyball (I'm just as bad now as I was in high school!). Not many kids from our church, but I had fun with the ones who were there.
Tonight was the church talent show. It was a fund raiser for our kids who are going to New Orleans to the National Youth Gathering in July. Wow, we have a lot of amazing talent in our church. I was really proud of everyone who participated. Less proud of myself, though. Have me preach in front of a couple of hundred people and I'm fine. Stick me in a less crowded room and have me be "entertaining" and I totally choke. Man did I suck! Oh well, everyone else was fab. Too bad they had to end with me. That'll teach 'em to put the pastor last....

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Did you do the "pants" poem? That IS entertainment!!
Two words: Jel-ous!