Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Five--These are a Few of My Favorite Things

In a week of wondering how various things in our family life will unfold, I found myself thinking of the way Maria comforted the Von Trapp children in one of my favorite movies. Frightened by a thunder storm, the children descend upon her, and she sings to them about her favorite things, taking their minds off the storm.

So, let's encourage ourselves. Share with us five of your favorite things. Use words or pictures, whatever expresses it best.
1. My nieces. They aren't "things," they're people, of course, but they are some of my favorite people in the whole world. These aren't my nieces in the picture, but I do have 4, and they are really stinkin' adorable.













2. Chocolate. I am probably unhealthily addicted to the stuff.
My pants would certainly fit better if I didn't love it so much,
but it seems to make everything better...


3. Shoes. I love shoes. Love them. Why? Well, I'm not
entirely sure, but I love finding a new pair of fabulous shoes
to add to my collection (which isn't huge, but definitely bigger

than it probably should be)






4Musicals. Since this Five started with a Sound of Music reference, I thought this was apt. Sometimes I wish my life involved dressing up in fabulous clothes (with amazing shoes, of course) and spontaneously bursting into song and choreographed dance numbers.















5. Yoga. This is actually a new favorite thing. I've only been doing yoga for a couple of months, and just once a week, but I LOVE it. (I'm NOT this bendy...)





6 comments:

SHMT said...

Commenting on my own post makes me a total dork, but in reading other posts I realized how many things I didn't put on my list: books, music, other yummy foods, coffee, the mountains. What a fabulous thing, to be reminded of all of these favorites that bring me joy!

RevAnne said...

Great play. I'm interested in yoga, myself, but have yet to find a local class in my small coastal town.
This was a fun F5, wasn't it!

Diane M. Roth said...

I love shoes too, and I am interested in yoga, trying to figure out how to learn a few different moves and get them into my routine.

not dorky at all!

Unknown said...

Musicals are the best, imho. Thanks for playing!

ktjhawk said...

ahh yes...the shoes. I played early this morning before getting out of bed...should have thought of the shoes. :-) Yay for you and yoga! Keep at it and soon you will be as bendy as a bobcat pretzel!

Jennifer said...

You are not a dork-- or else I am, too. reading others' posts made me think of lots more than five favorites, too!
Shoes, yoga, darling children. I gotcha.