Friday, May 15, 2009

Friends Friday Five

So today let's write about the different kinds of friends we have, like childhood friends, lost friends, tennis friends, work friends, and the list goes on. List 5 different types of friends you have had in your life and what they were/are like.

1. When I was preschool age we had neighbors across the street who had a daughter. I didn't know her long, but she was my bestest friend at the time. After they moved I had an imaginary friend with the same name. I sometimes wonder where she ended up (the real friend, not the imaginary friend--I'm still in touch with the imaginary one!).

2. In high school I had 5 friends that I consistently hung out with. We were the somewhat dorky, good kids who got together to eat pizza and watch movies most weekends. We didn't drink, we didn't get in trouble, we were kind of boring. Except once we broke a barn. And once we broke me and had to move the party to the emergency room...

3. In college I met the woman who is now my best friend. I think we must have known each other in a past life (or lives) because we clicked immediately. It all started with the Beatles and a random conversation about eggnog. We know everything about each other, and often joke that we'd better be friends forever simply because of the blackmailing possibilities that are out there if we ever get good and truly pissed at one another! :-)

4. After college and before seminary I moved to TX and had 2 jobs that I wasn't overly thrilled with. The jobs weren't great, but the friends I made at them were. In fact, today I am waiting to hear about the babies who were born to one of those friends just this morning. Last I heard Mom was in recovery and twin girls were doing well. Can't wait to hear the details of names and size! Yay babies!

5. And then there was seminary. I was blessed with lots of people I can call friends in that community, but there are 2 who definitely stand out from the rest. Oh, the stories. Laughing so hard my stomach hurt for what seemed like hours afterward. Watching truly bad TV. Drinking lime smashes. I miss those 2.

4 comments:

Barbara B. said...

I had to laugh about the 'blackmailing' angle. So true! :)

Terri said...

you broke a barn??? I'll have to ponder that one...nice play!

Jan said...

Fun. Where did you live in TX? I see that you're in Montana now, which at least has mountains and trees. (Can you tell that I'm a displaced Washingtonian in TX?)I liked reading about your best friendship beginning with the Beatles and eggnog!

Unknown said...

I'm puzzling over the broken barn, too. :-)