Sunday, April 6, 2008

Puberty?

I finally caught the cold my nieces and mom have had for a few weeks now. I actually feel pretty good, I don't think I've got it to the extent that they've had it. I feel OK, but I lost my voice yesterday. I led worship today sounding like an adolescent boy going through puberty. I'd be doing fine and then suddenly my voice would crack and go up an octave. As it was I think I was mostly talking about an octave below my normal speaking voice. Many people laughed at me. Well, there were only 15 people there, so I guess many is a relative term, but still. To try and save my voice, my sermon was pretty short, and then I made them talk to each other! *Gasp* Talking in church! Even worse, talking about faith in church! They're a good group, though, and they put up with my occasional departures from "normal" sermons.

In other news, I meet with the church I'm (still) interviewing with on Tuesday. I'll go to staff meeting, probably meet with the call committee at some point, talk to the pres. of the council, who is also a real estate agent, about housing possibilities, and then go to a meet and greet for the congregation that evening. Guess I'll be shaking hands and kissing babies before the vote on the 13th. Ordination information will be forthcoming if the vote goes well.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Well, it apparently seems like this is going to work out for you. Are you getting your hopes up? They're giving you all the reason to.