Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Schmoozing

Well, tonight was the meet and greet, and I think it went pretty well. I met with the senior pastor for a couple of hours and had dinner with some of the call committee before the dessert reception. I didn't count, but I think there were about 20-30 people at the reception. I think I was charming. I hope I was charming. Or, more important, I hope I came across as a mature, competent candidate. Of a fun note, I met a young woman who loves Jane Austen and Harry Potter, and who kept grabbing me to talk about books. I think she was about 14, so that was fun. Tomorrow I've been invited to the men's breakfast. What is up with men's breakfasts being at 6:30 in the friggin' morning? Who enjoys that time of the morning? So, it's breakfast, then I have an appointment with a member of the youth and family board at 9:00, staff meeting at 10:00, and I meet with the real estate agent at 11:30 to talk about housing possibilities. Should be a full and interesting day. Then I'll be waiting for the vote on Sunday.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

CRA-ZY! You are charming and if they don't see that then it's just mud in their eyes! That doesn't make any sense. It's late and time for bed.