Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Five--Fall is Here

As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:

1) A fragrance
It's probably not environmentally friendly, but I like the smell of wood smoke. Not forest fire smoke, just the smell of a campfire or wood stove.

2) A color
The gorgeous fuchsia some of of the leaves turn.

3) An item of clothing
Sweaters! I love the return of sweater season!

4) An activity
"Fun Fall Thing" which in my family really just means roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in the back yard. Oh, and jumping in leaf piles! My parents have 4 huge maples in their yard (and 5 when we were growing up), so we always had plenty of leaves to rake and play in.

5) A special day
This year my youngest niece is being baptized on October 5th, and I'm her godmother, so that's a special Fall day I'm definitely looking forward to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, blessings on the upcoming special day!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Thanks for helping me remember...the hotdogs roasting over a fire.

Diane M. Roth said...

oh, roasting marshmallows and hot dogs! yum!