Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rally Day

It was a crazy and fun day at church today. SP and I did a puppet show during both services that led into the sermon. It was a dialog between the puppets and SP, and then I kept referring to it in the sermon like the puppets are real people. Which, of course, to me, they are. Hopefully no one thinks I'm too crazy! Between services we kicked off Sunday School, Confirmation, and Adult Forum. Sunday School registration went better than I expected, which was a relief. It was mass chaos, but I'd pretty much figured that would be the case. We had a good group of kids, and we almost, finally, have enough teachers, which is another relief. In the meantime the Confirmation kids were in the narthex playing the knot game, being forced to mingle, but looking like they were having a good time. After 2nd service we had a big picnic with a tent, live music, a big blow up slide, a bounce house and games put on by the Youth Group. I jumped in the bounce house with 3 little girls and had a great time, although now my legs hurt! I also got my face painted. It was a good day, which was nice, because it was a hectic and stressful week for a lot of reasons I can't really go into yet. It was nice to just be outside and chat with people in a casual and fun environment.

No comments: