Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wedding

I did my first wedding today. It was lovely. We were hoping that the rain would hold off, which it did until right as the attendants were coming down the aisle. Then it sprinkled for the entire ceremony. And quit right after the ceremony was over. Ironic. Fortunately it never rained hard, so we were able to do the service outside as planned. Oh, and I forgot the unity candle part of the service even though I had it written down in my hymnal. Just looked right past it. So I felt bad, but the good part was that it cut about 5 minutes out of the ceremony that could have been spent in the rain. They just did the candle later when they were cutting the cake and doing toasts. So, not perfect, but not bad, either. I'm grateful that the first wedding I did was for a couple with whom I have a bit of a connection, and a family that I really like. The bride and groom were both pretty laid back and didn't stress too much over the details of the day, which was nice to experience, especially since I was nervous about the first one. I had really weird anxiety dreams last night, but fortunately the reality was much better than the crazy world of my subconscious.

No comments: