Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday 5: Time and Transitions

1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
There are so many times I would love to visit, just to see what they were actually like, rather than interpretations I read or see in movies. Here's the problem, though: I don't want to wear corsets or 10 pounds of undergarments, and I'm a big fan of indoor plumbing (especially the showering part). So while I think it would be fascinating to visit Colonial America or go hang out with Katy Luther or see what Egypt in the time of the Pharaohs was like, I think I'd end up being kind of whiny about the conditions. That and just my luck I'd end up being burned as a witch somewhere...
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
Beam me up, Scotty! Think how fun it would be to have your molecules disassembled in MT and reassembled somewhere else without having to fly or drive there. Would this be better or worse for the environment, I wonder?
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
Depends on what I'm doing and who I'm with. I think both can be enjoyable, and both can be incredibly hard.
4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent?
Reading the "Lent Book" with my nieces. I had a Lenten devotional for kids that I thought we'd try this year. Most of it is pretty much over their heads, but they like the routine of reading each night before bed, and we've been working on learning some of the books of the bible as we read the verses.
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most?
I don't have as many services as many people, but I'll be working on sermons and services, etc. I'm looking forward to Lent coming to a close and declaring the promises of Easter and the resurrection with the congregation I supply at. I'm ready for spring, and Easter always represents that for me, even if it was snowing this morning.

No comments: