Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jane Austen

I love Jane Austen. I'm not obsessed with her like I am with some other things (the Beatles and Buffy come to mind), but I do really enjoy Ms. Austen. So, naturally I found myself taking the "Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You?" quiz on facebook yesterday. The results are that I am Fanny Price:

You are smart and shy, a quiet beauty with brains that intimidate everyone around you. You often feel out of place, homeless and alone. As an intellectual idealist, you long to be heard and understood, but rarely waste your time trying to defend yourself to those who could not possibly understand. Time and experience is making you bolder. Despite your clever genius, you long for simplicity, and the love of your soul mate, who is a socially surprising and unlikely match.

Two of my very dear friends got the same result, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Does this mean I'm the somewhat whiny Fanny Price of the book? Or, does it mean I'm the combination Fanny/Jane Austen from the movie? These are the things I think about when I should be writing sermons...

3 comments:

k-bomb said...

I have no frame of reference to answer your question. Who is Jane Austen? I mean, really, there are other people who write books other than J.K. Rowling?

AdelpheBre said...

My result was Elinor Dashwood. What does that mean? I'm not in the cool "Fanny Price" club...

SHMT said...

Oh, K-bomb--you're a nut. You know my love of JK Rowling, but it's true, there are other books in the world! :-) And adelphebre, I'm sorry you didn't end up w/ us in the Fanny Price gang, but Elinor isn't bad. You're sensible, after all, and Emma Thompson plays you in the movie!