Sunday, May 4, 2008

1st Sunday

Well, I survived my first Sunday. Actually, it went really well. I was a bit nervous before the first service, but once we started and I got into the rhythm of things I relaxed and things were just fine. Having 2 services is going to take some getting used to, though. My body was ready for a nap after the first service, but I still had another to go. Also, this getting up before 6 am on Sundays? That's just wrong. :-) This church hasn't done a children's sermon or time in many years (I don't know how many), but they're all very excited about the puppets, so I had the first children's time this morning to introduce the kids t the puppets. It was like deer in the headlights. Only one kid in about 20 actually talked to me when I asked questions. A few others nodded occasionally, but for all I knew, they could have been comatose. I think they'll get used to it, but they seemed pretty freaked out this morning. The funniest thing I found about the morning is the number of people who commented on how good my office looks. There's a window in the hall that looks into my office, so I get this mental image of people peering through the window to see what I've done with the place. Well that, and anyone who has a key to the building has a key to my office. The one key opens every room in the church except the quilters' room. At any rate, apparently my decorating skills are up to snuff, regardless of where my presiding skills might be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that the quilter's room has special security :-)