Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ordination

Yesterday was amazing. I really couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was beautiful, but the church didn't get too hot. There was a bit of family stress and drama before things started, but once the service started things were fine. The nieces all did wonderful jobs at their assigned tasks (guest book attendant, acolyte and communion basket carrier). The youngest niece sadly didn't make it because she fell asleep and had a nap for 2 hours instead, but she and my brother-in-law were there for the reception.

The service went really well. I cried, of course, but I knew that was going to happen. I haven't made it through an ordination yet without crying, so why would my own be different? There were several moments when I teared up, but the big one was during the ordination service when everyone laid hands on me. I was doing OK until the nieces came up and held my hand throughout. I couldn't see them because they were behind me, and I can't really describe it, but them, along with everyone who was laying on hands was just an incredible experience.

I feel like this post should be longer because the day was so full and so amazing, but at the same time I don't quite know how to put it all into words.

No comments: