Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nieces!

I took Friday off and went home to hang out with the fam. I hadn't been home since Christmas, and I was having major niece withdrawal. I went home Thursday night so I got to spend all day yesterday playing with the kiddos. 5 year old niece doesn't have kindergarten on Fridays, so she was home, along with another 5 year old my mom babysits for. In addition, the almost 2 year old that was my little shadow the year I lived at home was there in the morning and then we also go to watch her baby sister (who is a month old) while their parents went to soak in the hot springs. Ah...good day. I totally got my baby fix (even to the point of changing 4 messy diapers). The 2 year old even kept my company while I showered. I showered, and she carefully organized all of my bathroom stuff. It was fun to have a little shadow again for the day, even though it used to drive me a little crazy when it happened non-stop. That evening we went to my brother's house to celebrate his closing. Yay! He officially owns his house after a long and very crazy process! So then I also got to hang out with the 3 year old niece, who is still wearing the Cinderella dress from their trip to Disneyland. She's worn it almost constantly since they bought it, and that was several weeks ago. To cap the evening we all went to the movie. It was Hotel For Dogs. Not my first choice, but hey, it was free, and I got to hang out with my favorite people. It was actually cuter than I expected, so that was a plus. Today was a lovely, lazy day, with more snuggling with all of the girls (even the 11 year old who almost never snuggles). It was fabulous until I had to leave an the 5 year old cried because she wanted to have a tea party with our tiaras and she forgot to ask. She was better when I called her after I got back, but still. It made me sad. Despite that, it was still great, and I'm so glad I took the time.

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

yay! Good for you to make the time to do this. I am so getting a Cinderella dress next time I visit D-land! And super yay for the house closing. It must be a huge relief for ALL!