Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Five--Pre Holy Week

Holy Week is almost upon us, I suspect that ordained or not, other revgal/pals calendars look a bit like mine, FULL, FULL, FULL........

Jesus was great at teaching us to take time out, even in that last week, right up to Maundy Thursday he withdrew, John's gospel tells us he hid! He hid not because he was afraid, but because he knew that he needed physical, mental and spiritual strength to get through...

So faced with a busy week:


1. What restores you physically?
Chocolate! Oh wait, not until Lent is over. :-) No, really--yoga or a good walk, remembering to get up and move around on days where I sit at my computer too much.

2. What strengthens you emotionally/ mentally?
A good book (I especially have to read right before going to sleep), giggling or talking with friends, watching a movie, working on the last 3 (of 8) baby presents I still need to finish crocheting.

3. What encourages you spiritually?
Talking with friends, especially colleagues, prayer during yoga, and this week, walking the labyrinth we built in the sanctuary (too bad we have to dismantle it tomorrow).

4. Share a favourite poem or piece of music from the coming week.
I think Ah, Holy Jesus is my favorite hymn for this week. I just feel calm and centered when I hear it.

5.There may be many services for you to attend/ lead over the next week, which one are you most looking forward to and why? If there aren't do you have a favourite day in Holy week if so which one is it?
This year I'm particularly looking forward to Wednesday, as I'm treating myself to a pre-birthday facial and mani/pedi. I've always like the Good Friday service, even as a kid, which struck my family as slightly odd. This year we're doing a Stations of the Cross service, and I'm really hoping it goes well since I was in charge of putting it together...

3 comments:

Sally said...

:-) Chocolate, roll on Easter Sunday!

Barbara B. said...

I agree -- reading before going to sleep is essential! :)

ktjhawk said...

Hey...get out of my head!