Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the

OK, I don't actually have another adjective for the last 18 hours or so. Maybe you all can help me out on that one.

The good: Last night I treated myself to a hair cut (OK, just my usual scheduled time, not really a treat), a manicure, a pedicure, and a facial. Oh, and I also got my eyebrows waxed, but that was also my regularly scheduled time. I love my stylist. She's funny and fun and she does a great job. We had a fabulous time hanging out last night and laughing hysterically over totally random things. And my toes and fingers are all pretty. I feel like such a girl. :-) I know I'm going to chip my manicure at any moment now because I'm not careful about it, but it's a very subtle, pale (but shiny!) color, so hopefully it won't be terribly noticeable. It was a fabulous mid-Holy Week, pre-birthday treat, and I'm really glad I did it.

And now the bad: Really it's just a lot of stress. Some of it is HW related, others not. I got in this morning to a very frustrated (for good reason) office manager. She started yelling the f word at me. Not so much at me, actually, more toward me as she vented. We also found a piece of paper left in the copy machine containing the page from the constitution talking about changes in a pastor's call, or working through the synod to remove a pastor. The page was headed, "Discernment Committee Members: please read in preparation for our next meeting." More than a little unnerving. This all comes after yesterday when SP told me it might be a good idea to submit my mobility paperwork "just in case." There have been other things this morning. Little things, but they're adding up to make for a rather stressful morning.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

What the WHAT?!?!? Was that paper in the copier about you? Even if it's not, that is seriously not cool.