Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleeping In

I woke up this morning and my first thought was that it seemed awfully light in my room. I rolled over and looked at the clock and it was 6:40. I'd planned on leaving the house at 6:45. I have a definite memory of setting my alarm last night, having the conversation in my head of what time I needed to leave, so what time I would need to get up. Clearly, though, I didn't turn the alarm on after setting it. So, the morning started with lots of swearing and a giant adrenaline rush. I wasn't late for church, but I hate starting the morning in a rush like that, it throws me off. Despite the start, the morning was good. I felt energized and I thought worship went well. After 2nd service I spent a couple of hours hanging out and giggling with some friends (who are part of my "sort of" family). All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

EEK! I hate doing that too. I'm anal enough to set my phone as a backup alarm every Saturday night. Glad the day turned out to be a good one, in spite of the start.