Saturday, January 12, 2008

3 AM "Plook"

I awoke a little before 3 this morning to the cries of my 4 year old niece. Her daddy didn't seem to be waking up, so I got out of bed to see what was wrong. The poor thing had an upset tummy and was curled in her bed in the fetal position. I asked her if she thought she was going to throw up (she refers to it ask puke, only she can't say it and it comes out plook), and she said yes. So I got her the mop bucket and went to wake up daddy. In the meantime she threw up, bypassing the bucket and hitting the sheets. My next step is to start cleaning up. Apparently my brother's is to get a towel, lay it over the plook and have the kid go back to sleep. Um, ew. Apparently, these are the differences in our parenting styles. But then, I don't actually have kids, so what do I know? And maybe the surprising thing in all of this is that I still want kids, despite the fact that they wake you up in the middle of the night for all sorts of not-so-pleasant reasons.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

That sounds like a very "dad" thing to do. It reminds me of the movie Mr. Mom. How fun is that?