Monday, January 7, 2008

3rd Interview

I had my 3rd interview for an associate pastor position in the college town about 75 miles from my hometown. The first time I met with them it was with the pastor and a couple of the council members. Next I worshipped with them and met with the call committee. Tonight was another meeting with the call committee and the senior pastor. I think it went OK, but I'm not always very good at reading these kinds of things. At any rate, it was about an hour and a half, with dinner with some of the committee afterward. They're interviewing one other candidate, and then they'll let me know. So, I'm cautiously optimistic. I've given up being outright optimistic, I think it only jinxes me. And, the cynical side of me seems to be trying to counter-balance the optimistic side of me by thinking that maybe it's not looking so good. Yes, I am officially a crazy person.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

You are not crazy...well, that's relative. However, if you give me the name of that other candidate I'll give my Uncle Vinny a call and we'll get it all worked out. HA! Although, I'm not really a Bombardi anymore so I can't make any promises.
I'm sending good vibes your way...and I don't mean the kind from the store in Berkeley.