Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Five

One of the sites I check in with on a regular basis is the revgalblogpals. I like to see what other people are thinking with their sermons each week, and it's good to know that so many other people are still working on theirs on Saturday morning (there's an 11th hour preacher party every Saturday where people post on what they're working on, or procrastinating about working on, for their sermons). They also do a Friday 5 each week, and I figure what better way to procrastinate about this week's sermon than to do a silly game about birthdays?

1. When is your birthday? Does anyone else (famous and/or in your own life) share it?

My birthday April 12th. I think someone like David Letterman has the same one. Not entirely sure. My dad's is way cooler as he and John Lennon share the same date of birth.

2. Do you prefer a big party or an intimate celebration for the chosen few?

Depends on the year, sometimes it's just family and others I go the party route, although I don't think any birthday party so far could ever be classified as "big."

3. Describe your most memorable birthday(s)--good, bad, or both.

Hmmm...when I was 26 I went out in downtown Dallas with a group of friends. I'd never been to a bar on my birthday and I got a little carried away with the shots. There was some spectacular throwing up in a parking lot on the way home...

4. What is your favorite cake and ice cream? (Bonus points if you share the cake recipe). Or would you rather have a different treat altogether?

I like German Chocolate cake or yellow cake with chocolate frosting. My birthday often falls during Lent, and since I give up chocolate, I have to come up with an alternative, which is usually carrot cake.

5. Surprise parties: love 'em or hate 'em?

Never had one, can't give an informed opinion.

Bonus: Describe your ideal birthday--the sky's the limit.

Sky's the limit? Several close friends, private jet, trip somewhere fabulous for a few days of relaxing, maybe some drinking, maybe a spa trip, some sight seeing, and of course, lots of chocolate!

2 comments:

ktjhawk said...

Sweet! I'll come to that birthday party. Let's just pick a year when Easter is early so we can have chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

k-bomb said...

I'll get the jet if others take care of location, food and booze! It's a date!