Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I don't really do resolutions, because I never ever seem to keep them, but I do usually like to take some time to reflect on the last year and look forward to the new one. When I finished seminary in December 2006 I never thought I would still be waiting for a call and living with my parents. On the plus side, I have been home during some tough times for my family, and I'm happy that I have been able to offer some support. In addition, I have had fabulous niece spoiling time. Oh, and on the plus side of being unemployed, or at least only having multiple part-time jobs, I was able to read 101 books in 2007. I doubt I will ever hit that number in a year again, so I'm pretty excited about my reading binge of this past year. In looking forward to the coming year, I am going to revert to a cliche and hope to work on my eating and exercising habits. I have fallen into the terrible habit of relying on chocolate and/or salt to deal with any amount of stress, and I would rather read than exercise (good for the book binge, BAD for the waistline). So, my hopes are that I will have a call soon, and that I can develop some healthier habits spiritually, mentally and physically. Blessed 2008 to all!

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Happy New Year back at ya! Oh, and I had this weird dream last night that everyone was ordained. Actually, the only people I remember seeing were you and Kari Reiten but there were lots of others there as well. Weird.