Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday 5--Things About Me

I'm still not entirely over the crabbiness of earlier, but thought I would take a moment to do the Revgalblogpals Friday 5. I'm still horribly uninspired on my sermon, so this will be my break from that:


Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?


I might be unhealthily addicted to my nieces. Even when they drive me slightly crazy I still find them endlessly fascinating and absolutely adorable (most of the time). Not everyone I know has to love them like I do, but they need to at least have a decent appreciation of them.


I often come across as bitchy. Sometimes I am, but there are other things that contribute to this perception: I can be really quiet. I process internally, so it takes me a long time in group settings to be able to contribute to conversations, especially if I'm uncomfortable. Because of this I've been accused of being "stand-offish." I also grew up in a family that avoided confrontation. In order to deal with confrontation I have to work myself up to it, so I often seem angry when I'm not. It's hard to explain, I guess. I'm working on it.


I have a strange sense of humor. Some people get it and some people don't. It's gotten me into trouble. Oh, and I also think I'm way funnier than I come across in this blog, but maybe that's just me.


I've had several friends in my life that I've met and had an instant connection with. It's like we've known each other forever. I count myself exceptionally lucky to have that, and them.


I'm a procrastinator. Sometimes it's because I really am trying to avoid something. Other times, I just have to think about something for what seems like forever before I can do it. Still other times fear causes me to put something off until the last possible minute. I'm basically an organized person, but I definitely tend toward procrastination.


2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm late about adding my Friday Five, too. Now I'm glad, because I went to yours first. Some things click with me--I also grew up in a family that avoided confrontation--and I still tend to do this. I also procrastinate.

Unknown said...

Hope this helped!