Thursday, January 8, 2009

Light

I drove home from the church today a little after 5:00 and it was still mostly daylight. This might not seem like such a big deal, and it's not like it doesn't happen the same way every year, but today it struck me. I'd gotten so used to driving home in the dark, and it was lovely to have that little bit of extra light. I've been talking with the preschoolers about Epiphany during chapel this week. We've talked about how the wise men followed a light (the star) and found a different kind of light (Jesus). They like to talk about Jesus, and they got star stickers to wrap things up, so they were happy. The drive home was kind of my chapel as I reflected on the light and how the days getting longer always fill me with hope this time of year. And yes, I'm wearing my star sticker as a reminder of that.

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

yay! I *love* moments like that...when I realize the days are getting longer and we're once again marching into a new calendar season. Thanks for sharing.