Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yikes

Apparently I missed all of the excitement around here yesterday. When I came in last night for board and council meetings I found out that there was an attempted robbery at the credit union next door yesterday afternoon. No one was hurt, thankfully, but the police called the church and told the staff to lock down the building. Then, according to the paper this morning, the guy led the cops on a chase up by my apartment. Not right by my place, but in the general area. Scary.


It's annual meeting time here, which means budget discussions. Last night's council meeting was 3 1/2 hours. Overall it went well, but I can't help but thinking while I'm sitting through those conversations that they'd be doing OK if they hadn't called me. The shortfall for last year is basically a good chunk of my salary. Now, I can be rational and reasonable and think all sorts of CPE thoughts about not bringing my own crap into the situation, but it's hard sometimes not to feel guilty. Or to worry that I'm soon not going to have a job. Or to have those stupid voices that insist on popping into my head to say that the church would be better off with someone else or no one as the associate pastor. I try to kick those voices on a regular basis, but they're sneaky little bastards.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Are you alloud to use the word bastard when talking about church matters? I think it's ok.