Saturday, January 3, 2009

Today

The last couple of posts have been looking ahead and looking back, which is appropriate for the New Year. I'm not feeling that introspective today, so here are some random thoughts on a Saturday morning:
  • It's back to being cold. Yesterday it hit almost 40 and rained. Today it's 9, but the sun is shining!
  • I watched the movie Labyrinth last night. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was scary. This time I was mostly frightened by David Bowie's wardrobe.
  • Lovely MT winters dry out my skin. It's so dry right now, despite the application of moisturizers, that I think I could sand things with my face. Woodwork, anyone?
  • I have a cold. I feel fine, mostly, but my voice is going. Again. Another Sunday where I'm going to sound either like an adolescent boy going through puberty or someone who has a 900 number on the side... And SP is gone, so I'm preaching, presiding, and teaching Adult Forum/Confirmation.

And now back to the sermon. I had a friend recently tell me that she thinks it's funny how I "procrastinate God." Sheesh, when you put it like that...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I loved that movie, Labrynth. I think that's when I started my secret crush on men with eyeliner :p

ktjhawk said...

I hope your voice held out this morning...and I hope your inter-generational class went well. Minus the class, I had your morning...my feet are sore, I'm tired and more than a little sleepy.