Friday, January 16, 2009

Yoga (or the lack thereof)

Generally on Fridays I do the Revgals Friday 5, but today I'm feeling slightly annoyed. It's budget time, as I've mentioned, and things are progressing but still stressful (as I imagine they are in numerous churches across the country right now). I'm trying not to worry about it. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm less successful. Anyway, the church has a yoga class every Friday, and this is one way I count on to take an hour during my week to stretch and center myself. Oh, and find muscles I never knew I had, but that's another story. :-) Today, about a 1/2 an hour into yoga I noticed someone outside the fellowship hall. I went out to see if he needed anything and long story short, spent several minutes being chastised about the budget. And it was about things I really have no control over, so that made it worse. After he left I went to my office and cried. So much for the centering of yoga. The timing of it just seems slightly funny (and by funny I mean annoyingly ironic). Shortly after the crying someone else came to the church and she and I had a nice conversation that helped get me back from the edge of annoyed. I'm grateful for those people in my life. As much as I understand the frustration of the first person who chastised me, I wish I had a better way to handle those situations so they don't throw my whole day off balance.

3 comments:

k-bomb said...

I love love love you!! And even if there was a bit of crying today you have to be amazed that you work at a church with weekly yoga! You Montana hippies!

Jan said...

How good that you have a weekly yoga class that you also attend. Rotten that someone bothered you in the middle of it. Hope you've somehow gotten more centered as the day went on.

Unknown said...

So sorry this opportunity to get centered had to be interrupted by that person.