Saturday, January 10, 2009

Visitors From Afar

I guess 80 miles isn't exactly far, but my 3 year old niece thinks the drive is REALLY long. She and my sister are here and spending the night. They got here about noon, we had lunch and then went shopping. The niece's new favorite word is "why?" She followed my sister through Target today saying why why why why nonstop. The sister is really patient. I thought it might drive me slightly crazy after awhile, but I also thought it was fairly cute. She's currently going through a twirly dress phase. Everything has to be "down to there," meaning long, to her ankles, and it has to twirl appropriately. So we spent quite a bit of time in the mall this evening waiting as she tried on dresses and spun around in them to see if they twirled properly. She finally settled on a pink Easter dress and she's going to wear it to church tomorrow, with tights and a shirt under it, of course since it's cold. Oh, speaking of outfits, she dressed herself this morning. She showed up wearing a turquoise, navy and white striped shirt with black Christmas pants that had red, white and pink candy canes. Over all of this she was wearing a jumper dress made from 2 kinds of red gingham. She's a stylish one, let me tell you!

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

oh, the simple pleasures....I DO love a good twirly skirt, though.


(my word verification is "imarymen"...I'd like to, but one at a time, would be fine I think)