Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Five--The Eyes Have It

1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them from or pass them on to anyone in your family?
My eyes are blue, like my mom's and my grandma's (although depending on lighting or what I'm wearing they can be gray or green). It's a strong blue gene, because my mom's siblings both have brown eyes, but she got grandma's blue ones. Same thing with my nieces. 2 have brown eyes, middle one got the blue ones.

2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
When I was little I wanted them to be brown, but I've grown to appreciate them for the color they are.

3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like 'em or hate 'em?
I wear both (well one or the other). I can see about 6 inches before things get blurry. I've had glasses since the first grade, so mostly I don't even think about it anymore, but I've definitely gone through phases where I hated them.

4. Ever had, or contemplated, laser surgery? Happy with the results?
Contemplated it. I always manage to talk myself out of it. I figure my eyes would be the ones that somehow got screwed up. Maybe someday if I can afford it I'll talk myself into it.

5. Do you like to look people in the eye, or are you more eye-shy?
I usually try to look people in the eye. Some situations are harder than others, and if I'm uncomfortable or embarrassed about something the eye-contact is less.

Bonus question: Share a poem, song, or prayer that relates to eyes and seeing.
Since I read KT's blog all I can think of is jeepers creepers. Then for some reason When Irish Eyes are Smiling pops into my head, but I don't even know the words to that except for the title. Apparently I am uninspired today...

2 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

When Irish eyes are smiling,
sure it's like a morn in spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
you can hear the angels sing.
When Irish eyes are happy,
all the world seems bright and gay;
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
sure they'll steal your heart away.

I like this one cause I'm Irish--though my brown eyes came from my Mexican great great grandma.

ktjhawk said...

usually the brown-eyed folks are hoping for blue. Interesting that you went the other way for a while. :-)