Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday

It's cold! I know I already mentioned it, but it's colder today. I got to church this morning at 6:00 and discovered that while the parking lot had been visited by the plowing elf the shoveling elves were apparently on strike. So I shoveled 2 of our 3 walks but then I had to give up because my toes were cold. Despite the wool socks, it turns out toes get cold when the wind chill factor is -30! First service I had microphone problems, 2nd service I lost my voice. I've been fighting a cold and today apparently it took hold. I didn't lose it completely, which is good, but several people told me every time I talked they wanted to clear their throats. It didn't hurt as bad as it sounded, but my throat has gotten worse as the day has gone on. After 2nd service we had a "crafternoon" to decorate wreaths for our shut-in members. It used to be Advent Craft Evening, but we changed it to an afternoon event this year and calling it a crafternoon just stuck. It was a small group because of the weather, but still a lot of fun. This evening we have groups going out to deliver the wreaths, and I had intended to go with them, but I got home, fell asleep and didn't wake up until after 5:30. So, a bit of a crazy day overall but not bad. Now I hope the cold goes away and my voice comes back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crafternoon! LOL.