Sunday, December 28, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful

I don't have a fire, delightful or not, but I'm glad I'm inside and don't have anywhere else to go today. The weather has warmed up just enough for the snow to turn to rain and the roads to turn to slush and ice. It's nasty. And now the wind is blowing and it sounds and feels as if my whole apartment might end up somewhere else. If it does, I hope it's somewhere I have friends to visit! :-) Church was quiet today, which is pretty typical for the Sunday after Christmas. At first service we only had one person under the age of 18, and he was only there because he was the acolyte. 2nd service was better, but it was definitely quiet. In other news, I had a huge, stupid fight with my father yesterday. Neither of us handled it very well. For my part, the fight was only a small step in a larger process that led to those obnoxious voices in my head having a field day. Oh, it was an adventurous drive home with me crying and the voices laughing and telling me how much I suck. Good times. And now I'm tired. Another reason I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. I'm thinking a nap is in order.

2 comments:

ktjhawk said...

so much to say...first of all, if your apartment starts to fly come here, come here! I'm sorry for the fight (my dad and I had one too)...and more sorry for the stupid voices - send them to me and I'll tell them to leave my friend alone! We also had about the same worship experience today - 2nd service was beefed up by a baptism. I hope it was a good nap.

k-bomb said...

Fighting with dad...it used to be a boy thing and now girls are finding out how much fun it can be.
And by fun I mean SUCKY! I have learned what NOT to say to my dad because I don't want to argue. It's sad because I can't actually be myself around him but at least I keep some sanity. However, the arguments happen now and then. It was really nice when I was seeing a counselor because I could unload it all on her. That's a really good idea!