Monday, December 22, 2008

Other Elves

I drove down the hill today to got to a meeting and run some errands. It's my day off, but I stopped by the church (mostly to use the bathroom). As I was heading home I went the way I usually do. It's the route that makes the most sense, usually, as it avoids making a left turn onto a very busy street. There is one particular intersection, though, that has been more slippery than others since the snow started. Today was no different and despite my caution I started to slide, couldn't correct and got stuck in a drift of snow at the side of the road. Grr... Did what I could, but nothing was working. People were driving by (probably laughing) and I was saying not nice things about winter while I tried to get out. But then 2 lovely, lovely people stopped. They weren't together--these were 2 seperate lovely people who both stopped to help and in short order got me out of the drift and on my way. The funniest part of the whole story is that I couldn't really say thank you because as soon as I actually started moving, the man was yelling "go go go!" So off I drove, waving and shouting thank you. Hopefully they heard. They were elves or angels or whatever you want to call them. I'm just grateful they were so kind.

2 comments:

ktjhawk said...

yay for elves and/or angels! People who take the time to help others are true gifts and I'm glad that you encountered a couple who took the time to help you, rather than simply pointing and laughing as they drove by.

k-bomb said...

That is hilarious! I can see the guy yelling GO GO GO and you trying to wave and thank them out the car window!! That's such a great Christmas-y story.