Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve


Another year is coming to a close, and time to look back as well as forward. I'm not great at keeping resolutions, but as I noted in last year's post it's always interesting to look back at the last year. Last year at this time I was still living at home with the parents and brother and nieces. I was still in the call process. I was frustrated with both. Now, going into 2009, I have a call, my own apartment, and things have moved forward. I miss spending lots of time with the nieces. I miss spoiling the baby on a regular basis. I miss the sleepovers (even though they usually didn't involve much actual sleep for me). I'm grateful to be in this place, though, even with its challenges. I'm slowly finding my way. Although some days it feels like I'm the worst pastor in the history of pastors, other days I feel like I'm actually starting to get the hang of it. Last year I read 101 books. This year it was 53, but then I was only unemployed for 4 months, so I had less time. :-) I resolved last year (as I seem to do every year) to try and improve my eating and exercising habits. I've been moderately successful at that, but it's gone in fits and starts, and I can do better. So back on the list it goes. This next year I hope to get better at meeting people and finding a life outside of church. Maybe I'll even go on a date (please, God?). I will hopefully improve my spiritual life (something else that always seems to be on the list). So we'll see. May your new year be blessed, wherever you find yourself and whatever you might be resolving to try.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Apparently I was the only one who commented on your new year post last year and I can't let the tradition die. The weird thing is that I remember that dream. And it was weird.