Friday, December 5, 2008

Yoga

I did yoga this morning for the first time ever. I've always wanted to try it, but never worked up the courage to go to a class. Our office manager was recently certified as a yoga instructor and has decided to do a class here at the church once a week. So I didn't even have to leave and there were only 4 of us, which I can handle for my first foray. I've been told before that I don't relax well, and apparently it's true. It was a very relaxing, very nice hour (with some good stretch to the muscles, too, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely feeling it), but the more I thought about my breath and relaxing the harder it became to actually relax. Does that make me odd?

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

Hey- good for you. When I've done yoga I've enjoyed it in a masochistic way, that is.

And about the breathing - nah, that doesn't make you weird. other stuff does. :-)