Monday, December 22, 2008

Shoveling Elves

The shoveling elves are outside right now. I can hear them removing the snow from in front of my building and I think I love them. I love them so much I might go outside and propose. OK, maybe not, but I do love them. We got several more inches last night. It's pretty, and since they're keeping my hill well plowed and sanded so far I haven't had any trouble with the drive into town. My only concern now is for Christmas morning when I drive home. My brother is checking with the drivers at work who drive between here and there and he's going to keep me updated on conditions. I can't complain too much since I have friends in Portland and Seattle who can't even get out to fly home, so at least it's not that bad.
Yesterday I preached on the ways we are all called to bring God into the world. One person told me they thought my sermon was "cute." I'm not sure what that means. I guess I'll take cute over "that sucked" any day, but it threw me off there for a minute. Whatever.

No comments: